View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 07:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subafreak
So it's about 12:30 my girl and I just got done watching a movie when i hear the beeps on our two way car alarm transmitters notifying me that they were unlocking......? I get up to look at the remotes and sure enough it says the Legacy and the 240 are unlocked. So i hit the lock button and then it beeps and unlocks again....? So I walk out of the apartment complex and down the hallway to check it out.....sure enough there is some kid sitting in the 240!!!!!

So i run right out the doorway heading for him, he looks up for a sec and then goes right back to what he was doing...then he looks up again and realizes im running right at him!! He bolts out of the car and starts running up the street so i start running after him (mind you with no shoes or shirt on).
We get to about the next driveway and he tosses something on the ground, about ten feet further are two other kids walking down the road, they start to run too but then just stop and start yelling that they have nothing to do with the guy i'm chasing (maybe it was the look of homicide on my face or the obsenities i was yelling at the kid i was chasing?, but they didnt want a part of it) I chase the kid about 1/4mile down the road and he turns and runs down a driveway at witch point i realize im getting old and slow and my feet are really starting to hurt.

So I let him go for now and run back to the cars. When i get about to my parking lot i look to find what the kid tossed when i was chasing him...It was the keys to the SVX and the 240, with the other two way transmitters on them!!!!!! I had them in the glovebox of the Legacy and i guess i left the Legacy unlocked!! (Thank god he tossed them!!) When i get back to my parking lot my GF Sandy is there with her phone. So I call the police tell them what happed and give them a description of the kid i was chasing and the two kids that were on the road. So 30 seconds later a cop pulls into the parking lot (advantage of living where the cops drive by every 15mins) and i tell him about what happend. Then he tells me that they picked up the other two kids down the road and was bringing them to me so i could identify someone. When they got there with the kids I identified them as the ones that were walking on the road but since i had no way of knowing wether or not they had anything to do with the kid i chased they had to let them go.

At this point the cop just tells me to keep my cars doors locked and not to leave my keys in the glovebox. :/ So not being happy with this final answer we deside to go for a ride see if we spot anyone. So we cruise down the road to the Cumbies to grab a soda and some smokes and just for the hell of it I ask the cashier if she had seen a kid with hair about my length but a little curlier and dressed in black. She said she had and he was with some otehr guys, i ask her what the other guys look like and she described the other two kids perfectly!!! So now i know he was with thoes other kids that the cops had!!! And now the kicker...what do Cumbies have in them?......Video cameras!...Good ones! So I call the cops back and tell them about my findings and tell them that i plan on going back to the Cumbies in the morning when the manager is there to veiw the videos and suggest that they meet me there so i dont have to hunt him down myself and slam his head in a car door untill it pops! They say they will give me a call in the morning when they get down there!

To be concluded:

I hope you have better luck than I did with the cops.
I had a stereo stolen out of a porsche in a crowded walmart parking lot. The whole thing was caught on camera. Took them all of 5-7 minutes to break in and steal it. All the while the car alarm is going off. And the woman who broke into my car (while leaving her child in the backseat of her own car unattended ) had gone into the store earlier in the day and shown her ID. So they knew exactly who she was, had her name, address and all. The cops did absolutely nothing to find her or the people in the other car that helped her out in stealing my radio. Its been about 9 months. They never called me back and I have called them I dont know how many times only to be told they are working on it. In the meantime, the walmart security officer who patrols the parking lot (what a joke) told me they have a stereo stolen every couple days, at least. The cop actually told me if I dont want it to happen again to find another place to shop. And to top it all off, it was the first time I had ever gone to that store. (And the last).