View Single Post
Old 04-13-2001, 04:17 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Smile Wild Turkey Shoot

Have tried Wild Turkey long long ago, I think there is a high proof one I liked. The one that sells most here in Ireland is Southern Comfort, but it's sweetened up a lot like a liquer. Very nice flavour, though.

Flavour is personal, not everybody likes the same, but generally speaking, good or excellent is easily recognised. Whiskey drinkers are a tough breed. We just keep on drinking it till we like it.

Talisker is a Skye malt, and one of the v. good ones, Montypython. There are so many good ones, you would need quite a cabinet and wallet to hold a bottle of each. Laphroaig is the one closest to Lagavulin, Bill, it is from the same island, Islay. Very strong flavour and an acquired taste, it has more Iodine in it giving it a slightly antiseptic flavour.

I only left Bells off SVXphile because I don't currently have any. It is a blended scotch, not a single malt, but has always been my favourite blend, not to be sneezed at. Another good blend if you see it is House of Lords, which contains a good percentage of The Edradour in the mixture. Good value. All this talk of drink, I can see you guys are petrolheads just for the aromatic hydrocarbons. Enjoy the sip-off next week, I'll be there in spirit

Joe