View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 09:31 PM
#073 of 301

My friend crashed on the TransCanada

Today at approx. 2pm, my good friend Derek Chow was riding with his friend Kevin. They were on their way back to Regina from a good ol' week in Victoria, BC.

Anyhow, I guess Derek didn't get enough sleep last night and he nodded off while doing approx 120km/h on the TransCanada. By the time Kevin realized, he yelled but it was too late. They clipped the front of a bridge and rolled Derek's Jeep Liberty 3 times. They didn't go OVER the bridge, but apparently it was still pretty rough.

The good news to this story is that he called his mom today from the hospital and the both of them are OKAY! It was a single vehicle accident. Derek and Kevin both sustained cuts and other minor injuries and were badly shaken up, but were otherwise alright. Theyre so lucky they were wearing their belts!

Further medical inspection (internal, etc) will happen tonight and they'll stay overnight in the hospital in Chilliwack, BC. Derek's dad left Estevan, SK as soon as he heard about the accident and will be there in approx 10 hours (16 hr drive). He'll bring the guys back whenever they're released from the hospital.

Please, everyone... careful out there. If you feel like you're tired enough to nod off 2 OR 3 HOURS into a 22 hour road trip PLEASE do not drive. This is for your safety as well as everyone else's.

Thanks.
-Dan

Last edited by Dza; 09-03-2004 at 10:28 PM.