View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Smile

Congrats Kelli on fixing the windows.

Congrats Michelle, on keeping the peace when Rob is on a rant.

And congrats Ron, you have made me realise how inconsiderate people can be. Last week, an asthmatic guy on the train kept breathing really heavy beside me. He could have put his head out the window or something, but some people, you know???!!!

I am a non-smoker myself for 30 years, but I used to be a jerk like the worst of them. I used also be an anti-smoking Nazi like Rob, as I am allergic to it, but I mellowed over the years. It is really difficult to beat this habit, and I admire the strength of those who can kick it.

Seriously addicted smokers need to be more aware that their habit pollutes and invades airspace of other people. NOBODY should be allowed smoke anywhere, anytime in a restaurant.
Likewise in a car or any confined space when in company.

However, I don't care if people chain smoke in a pub. I don't even care if they smoke pot, but I might draw the line at shooting up. People need to be indulged in their habits, within reason, in a social locus like a pub. Relaxing is part of the human condition.

Ron, keep em coming. Glad you did not mention sex in elevators, the buildings are not really tall enough for me these days.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl