View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Trunk Fuel Resistor

Trevor,

I hope there isn't a misunderstanding. I never intended to say you were wrong or that I was looking to say that you were. I was simply replying to the questions that were asked of me.

There is another tidbit of information that I wanted to share through my troubleshooting today. As my car is a garage queen and sits during unfavorable weather, it is connected to a battery maintainer. This trickle charger has an LED indicator stating if its charging (Red) or full (Green). While the car has been inoperable I have noticed the charger flashing red more then it does typically. I didn't put it together until tonight when I had the car sitting with the module (and resistor for what it's worth at this point) disconnected from the car. Now the battery charger has been sitting at fully charged for hours with no drop back to charging. Does this align with the module being the issue? I presume it could also be the wiring to the module but I have not yet followed that path. The wiring harness combines with the security system hardware then quickly goes deep behind the trunk liner and then seats.