View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Re: Headed to VIR June 13,14

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Valvaoline Syth. is a much cheaper and very good alternative too. We've yet to have issues but were also 1000lbs less then you are. Bleeding is the key as slade said. I'd think about mounting some stock wheelies with a decent used set of 225 r-comps as you'll more than likely need to replace whatever you have on there anyways at the end of it. Remember, slow is fast!
I have to disagree with the valvoline synthetic. It works for low speed stuff, but it's really not comparable for road course stuff.

ATE is a 392/536* brakefluid which you can find for 10$ a liter... The valvoline synthetic is a 311/480 and costs about 5$ for just over half a liter. the old synpower stuff was the same cost with some better stats (343/543) but I'm not sure you can find that anymore because it was discontinued.

As someone else mentioned, the r-comps aren't a great idea either. That much grip with the super weak springs of the SVX leads to corner exit wheel hop like no other. I even get it with my azenis with my SVX.

Just noticed he mentioned "coilovers" in which case he might have enough spring to hold the tires against the pavement, but I do not know anything about those firestone tires.. maybe picking up some r-comps wouldn't be such a bad idea.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker