View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
Depending what your engine tuning is. I would just use the two header pipes, set to the length, to suit your torque rpms, into a two in chamber, muffler, to allow for the sonic wave to reflect from, followed by a resonator in the same position, for expansion, then what ever you want Matt, as long as it is free flowing.

Harvey.

So what are the options for a 2-into-1 chamber ? Clearly a Y-pipe is not the ticket. I've seen mention of the Magnaflow 2-in, 1-out cat, the Stebro Euro-resonator (I think that fits the description), and that's about it. It seems that for such a generic application there would be a ton of options. Is there a brand or website that I haven't seen yet ?

Q) Would a 2-input muffler be appropriate (i.e., more than just expanded volume, but also baffles) ? Usually it seems that a muffler would come after a resonator.

Q) If a 2-input cat is used, then you want a larger resonator very soon after it, right ? The cat by itself isn't gonna have much volume.

Q) When someone says "resonator" I've kind of learned to substitute the word "glasspack". I've only come across one or two products actually called "resonator".
Is this just a marketing issue, or is there something about a "real" resonator that's better than a glasspack ?