View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 05:41 AM

Hi Pete,

Don't really know if there is much of fix for the problem if its rubbish or water dragged up from the tank. It may have been a bad batch or one with ethonol in it, tho' Woolies said they don't use that. On the other side is that Woolies buy their fuel from Caltex here and Caltex were known to use ethonol. Shouldn't happen in Premium fuel tho'?

Some of the old bombs I used to drive would run from empty to empty and had problems with idle. OK when revved, then just about die when stopped. Periodically we would take off the fuel filter give it a good thump and back flush it. Car would run OK until next empty. Trouble thinking along those lines is that those old bombs had carbies so I don't know how injectors would handle this.

I tend to think that it may still be some moisture problem (not an expert on this) I would assume that your tank has been kept clean as you use PULP. Perhaps fuel filter if the next tank is the same. Sorry not much help....

Kenn
BTW Just got my work car back (ford Falcon BA) They had to rebuild the top of the engine (due to cylinder and vavles coming together (interference motor?)30,000 kms 9 months old) the silly thing keeps surging when in idle now. Work mechanic suspects that the ford dealer has put a one way only fuel filter on backwards, will have to wait and see.