Thread: unemployed
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 10:30 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
i absolutely know that sales is for me

everything i've done in the past 3 yrs has had some sales aspect to it

it all started in the summer of 2000 i got a job for the summer at vector marketing, selling cutco, and i'm sure some of you have them, they're good knives... anyway, from that moment i was hooked, i LOVE selling, but that job made me no money, and after the summer i went back to college, for engineering, which i now knew was NOT for me, but i stayed at it and failed miserably... blah blah, left school
came back and was lookin for a job and ended up at wendy's OFH, i was predominantly a cashier, and in case you didn't know they track the sales of the cashiers, and the biggie size percentages, they have bonuses and prizes and such for the top biggie sizer of the month and such, well the 4 mo that i was there i was top every time, w/ something like a 75% biggie size, most ppl were in the 40% range or lower

but then i got the job at the bank, and banks are very sales oriented, i was at the bank for about 9 months and i was the top in sales for the employment level, and when i got my promotion to service consultant i was also made sales leader, to coach the rest of the staff and boost sales of bank products and such, then i had to quit

before i got the promotion i had put otu at car dealerships, and it made it back to my manager that i was lookin for another job, and to keep me she promised that when i got the promotion i'd get bumped to 9/ hr if i promised to stay... so i stopped persisting at the dealerships in turn for the money and because i really liked my boss

well before i got promoted my boss transfered to a different dept, and i didn't get 9/hr
i only got 8.23, and the new manager sucks horribly... so that was why i was gonna quit anyway...

but now i'm gonna go back to the mitsubishi dealer and talk tot he sales manager again, and try to get a sales job there, i could totaly sell mitsubishi's