View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Thumbs up CommonWealth Games of VA wrap-up...

I competed in the official 2-day CommonWealth Games of Virginia at Danville airport last weekend. I was up against experienced drivers in well prepped cars.

Day 1:
The course was reasonably fast & flowing except for one tight gate near the end. I ran into cone trouble and had to run almost 2 seconds slower on my last run inorder to run clean. I finished the day 2nd in class, more than 2 seconds behind the leader Keith Vail in his Chrysler Crossfire (DC Pro Solo Champion in D-stock).

Day 2:
Spent the night at the hotel with my family and got up Sunday morning feeling very well rested. I took to Sunday's faster course much better and had the lead over Keith for the first three runs (he was having a little cone trouble). Couldn't quite put a perfect run together and Keith ended up bettering my time on his 4th and final run. Combined 2 day results are below:

D-Stock
157 DS KEITH VAIL 05 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE BLACK 97.512
70 DS CHIKE DELLIMORE 06 SUBARU WRX STEEL GRAY 100.933
185 DS WILLIAM BAKER 06 SUBARU WRX SILVER 102.311
24 DS STEVE DASHER 06 SUBARU WRX SILVER 102.800
http://www.brr-scca.org/2007Combined.htm

While Keith won by 3+ seconds, if you take 2 seconds off of my combined time (for my coned runs on Saturday), I would have had a 2 day time in the 98's.

Summary:
2nd out of 4 in DS
44th out of 111 in PAX (Saturday)
22nd out of 115 in PAX (Sunday)

The prize for my 2-day efforts was a CommonWealth Games silver medal:

Pics:

Yours truly

Other competitors:

Jinx Jordan

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)