View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 10:47 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I posted my favorite comment, on the Yahoo club. I'd had my car less than a month. Some of you "long timers" may remember it. It stands as my favorite, and most colorful comment, to this day. I've copied it from the archives:

Post 11494
Posted by aredubjay on 9/21/99 at 11:18 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had stopped into the local Franey's Food Mart for a cup of processed English Toffee cap . . . cappi . . . capu . . . hell, Italian Coffee, and sitting in the parking spot next to my Baby was a rusted out 78 Fairmont. As I approached my car, the toothless lady with the blue bandana "do-rag," looking somewhat like a heroin addict, stuck her head out the window and yelled (though I was close enough to hear her in her normal tone), "I just HAVE to tell you . . . THAT is a nice-ass car." Being from Kentucky, I can appreciate the most upper crust of bourguois compliments. "Nice-ass." It does roll "spritely" off the tongue.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI