View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 06:23 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Auckland!!! Beatles are coming..

Damn, I have been unable to attend Mike’s show, as I have wrecked the Archilles tendon in my left foot and can hardly walk.

However my wife Anne has just returned having attended with three friends. She reports the show was brilliant, and Ringo can really play the drums. This news further brassed me off, as I had a very good friend who played drums, and I would have appreciated Mike's skill. I know full well how a good drummer can hold a group together, and can make or break their performance.

But bugger again. ---- on the way home our normally reliable SVX, died on Anne while she was coming home along the motorway. Fortunately a couple of kind blokes stopped and pushed the car onto the side verge. She phoned the AA, and a mechanic arrived. He diagnosed a shot alternator. Evidently several warning light came on just prior, so that only the rectifier unit is involved.

Anne explained the towing issue and a flat bed truck was organised. Absolutely great service. Those in Auckland should call A1 Onegunga Towing Service LTD. They have all the clues and would not have towed an SVX with wheels on the ground.

Mike very kindly signed Anne’s programme, and quite artistically drew a little Ringo’s SVX. Thanks Mike. Anne reckons a gremlin was hiding some place and was upset not to see the show.

Special thanks go to Mike/Ringo/Brady, from Trevor, Anne and friends.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!