View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:25 PM

Registered SVX
Re: 3rd and 4th gear are not engaging + weird smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
Hello Trevor,

The measurements are done . In the end, it wasn’t as hard as I thought. Biggest problem being access (small space).

One question, is problematic. I did not plug the fitting into the exact same test port as shown in diagram, but to one I marked in the red circle. Common sense telling me, it should be same line, with the same pressure.

Unfortunately you are measuring the line pressure at a point where it is delivered ONLY when reverse gear is selected and engaged. It is important to measure the line pressure at idle with NO gear engaged. You must use the correct port as is shown and specified below.

CORRECT TEST PORT

In this port I measured around 58 psi in REVERSE, at idle. I was able to measure maximum of 116 psi, in REVERSE, when on the gas.

What is more interesting is, that gauge wasn’t able to measure any values, when in 1, 2, 3 or D.

Exactly as would be expected. You must use the correct port. However the figures you have quoted are tending to indicate that the line pressure could probably be adequate and damage has already been done.

To your questions: I am not driving car anymore - since you recommended me this and before that, it was say around 100 -150 km in total, since this malfunction occurred.

Slippage only occurs when shifting from 1 to 2, otherwise not. Smell is there, when outside of car.

This is very bad news and shows that you are very probably continuing to create wear on friction surfaces.

I must be at exactly 3500rpm (and above), in order to shift to 2. I also have to depress gas pedal, otherwise it would still rev and not shift - but this is not dogmatic, sometimes it shifts itself, without depressing the pedal.

Unable to understand what you mean as nothing will happen unless the gas pedal is depressed and power is applied. Do you mean that unless you FULLY depress the gas pedal and apply FULL power?

I have permanently ECO mode ON. I try to be as gentle to car, as circumstances allow.

This could be confusing the issue by introducing something extra to be taken into account and considered. Please make all tests in normal mode with ECO off.

I will treat her as a baby, when tranny will be done.

Thank you,
Filip
Filip,

Please refer to my notes as included above. I am trying to overcome our language problem, but this is difficult when so many technical words must be used.

Cheers, Trevor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4EAT Test Plug.jpg (85.0 KB, 1049 views)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by svxcess; 11-06-2018 at 02:48 AM.