View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Some swap questions....please don't hammer me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyb View Post
Let me start off by saying I'm not a young buck and I've been building turbo imports since '93. Most of my experience is in the Toyota JZ's and with the Mitsubishi 4G63, 4G64, and G54b series. I've been lurking here for a long time as I've always been in love with the styling of the SVX. However....I'm not a fan of the powerplant (strength and aftermarket parts prices specifically) and I'm not an auto and AWD enthusiast.

I'm ready for a new project and I'm finally going to make the dive and build the car I want. Before anyone gets upset...I will be starting with a problem SVX....I have no intentions of buying a perfectly good driving car and hacking it. I'll start with something severely broken.....and make all the SVX crowd happy (or at least tolerant....LOL) with the final product. The final product will be RWD turbo running one of my spare 2JZ's (if there's any way to even get it to fit) or a 4G64 if the inline 6 just won't work. Either way it will be mated to a Toyota R154 tranny. Car will be standalone controlled by Megasquirt.

Anyways, I have a few quick questions that I haven't been able to get an answer to.

1) How much power (in RWD form) can the stock rear diff, WRX rear diff, and STI rear diff handle. Axles too.

2) Does the SVX have an engine only harness that I can remove or does it run some accessories through the factory ECU.

3) How much tire will fit in the rear wheel wells.

Again....I'm sure swaps aren't popular here and I will get flamed by the diehards.....but I gotta do what I gotta do
I think what you are doing is great, especially if you will be saving one with a blown engine or one that has been lost to the VW Vanagan guys.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007