View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Found a lost SVX

5speed Specifics

I am looking to swap a WRX five speed into my 94 SVX. I found one for sale but its out of a bug eye(03) with a blown engine. The guy who is rebuilding his car is not going to use it when he puts a new engine in.

All the info I have about the trans... Out of a blown up vehicle, has type R gears in it, the type R gears were originally put in wrong but corrected regardlessly have unusual wear patterns on the teeth....

I went down to see it and asked him to put it in neutral, its complete and out of the car. I could spin the input shaft and both front wheel splines but I could not spin the tail shaft by hand at all.

I want to take it apart but I have never taken a Subaru trans apart. If the tail shaft does not spin is it even worth taking apart to look at the teeth? If I should take it apart what tips can you trans pros' give me? And Are there any places I can get a detailed schematic/ instructions on it?

Thanks!

:..Fey..:2005 World Rally Blue Impreza WRX 80k and rising. MODs: Lowering springs, 22mm sway bars. SS brake lines.