View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 08:08 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Wiring Diagram for UK Keyless Entry CU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M30SVX View Post
Hi - I'm planning to fit an after-market remote control central door lock/unlock system. My original IR key no longer works. I have located the control unit behind the rear RHS trim panel.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a UK wiring diagram for the keyless entry control unit for a 1996 SVX. I have been through the lockers and found a USDM version but looks quite different.

Can anyone help, please?
I see that you are still in limbo.

I have a Japanese market right hand drive model and have always had a problem with the door unlocking system. If the passenger tries to unlock their door in advance of the driver unlocking theirs, the result is a confused interlocking of the controls. Both passenger and driver must again lock their door and the driver make the first move in order to achieve correct unlocking. This problem could have dangerous consequences, as a result of confusion in the case of an accident, so that I have gone to some lengths in analysing the circuit involved.

The manuals I have show only right hand drive cars, arranged with internal manual operation of the drivers door lock, coupled to two change over switches, arranged to sense and indicate open close movement of the manual control. The passenger door can be opened manually with the same sort of lift up lever, and also electrically via the drivers lever door switches. The set up provides for “central locking” via the drivers door.

My JDM car has a door handle operated coded unlocking system, as well as an infrared key. As I understand it cars for some markets have a separate unlock switch on the dash or console. On top of this there is the complication of some cars being fitted with a security system. The overall result of all this, is good reason for complete confusion.

Therefore any effort to find the answer called for utilising published data, it would appear is futile.

In order to facilitate an answer, please advise exact full details regarding the system involved. With this information on hand, I hope that I can be of practical assistance.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 11-17-2009 at 08:10 PM.