View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 08:04 PM
Really Senior Member

Unhappy Unusual SVX siting

Received my notice to get my SVX inspected for air quality. At lunch today, I went to the Illinois Inspection station and pulled up right behind....yes....it was a 92 Pearlie LS. They opened up another bay and asked me to move over and pull in. At the same time the Pearlie moved in. There, we had two SVX's side by side and it blew the minds of the Techies who do the test since they rarely see one let alone two.

I got out and introduced myself to "Bob". Nice guy, but didn't have a clue about our Club. His Pearlie had 130K and it was in great shape. I told him about the Club and give him the URL. Told him if he had any questions, he could post and get help. He told me he absolutely loved the car and didn't have any problems with it. I gave him a business card but he didn't appear anxious to share information. By that time, the tests were over and we were blocking the bays. I pulled out and thought we might talk some more but he pulled away.

I would given anything to have my camera with me but it was in my briefcase back in my office.

Yes...we both passed.

Sold 92 Pearlie in 2002 and 96 Polo in 2009, both to Earl Steele. Currently driving 2004 Acura TL