Old 11-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: new svx owner in france ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
no problem joe, i understand that's interressing for you.

anyway, today, i just figured i have a problem whit the locking system.
i need lock door 2 times to lock the passenger door.
i'll hope it's just an hard point of the system and i can repair it, because i can't imagnie how hard and expensive this motor is!
Oh, I can. I live in Ireland, I can imagine how expensive it is.

Here is something for you to try. The driver's door probably gets use from the key all the time, but the passenger door rarely ever. The passenger door lock and the boot lock tend to get very stiff with dirt and grunge. In fact, I once broke my key off in the boot lock because of this.

You should free up the locks with penetrating oil in case this stiffness is making it difficult for the motor to operate the locks.

Here is how you should go about it. Get a can of spray oil, like WD40, that has a narrow pipe nozzle. Push the key half way into the lock. Spray into the lock down along the key, using the body of the key to channel the oil into the lock components.

Now push the key fully in, and operate the lock, right and left. If the lock is exceptionally hard to turn, don't force the key in case you break it. Pull it out again, put more oil on the key and repeat the process until you get the lock opening very freely.

You will probably find after you have done this for the three locks that the central locking is OK.

If not, remove the door card on the passenger side and check if there is a bad electrical connection, or if maybe another part of the mechanism needs oil.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl