View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: gas tank and front diff. question

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkid17 View Post
my girlfriends svx is getting crappy gas mileage (so i thought). i would take it into town, and back home(app. 12 mi. round trip) and i was using about 1/8 of a tank of gas. so i told her to run it down to E. and fill it up to see how much gas it takes, it only too 8 gallons. our tanks are 18 gallons right? so what i am thinking is either the sending unit is bad or there is gas in the float which would make it read less than whats in it. ????what do you guys think?

and i have been changing my front diff. and i went to put fluid in it last night and the dipstick was not coming out, anyone ever had this problem before? i think i am going to try and heat it up because maybe it is frozen? it has been sitting outside and its went down to around -20 last week.

Bobby
Try spraying some penetrating oil on it and letting it sit for a while. You can also tap it lightly with a hammer to help free it. Mine was a pain too since it hadnt been touched in years before I bought it.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.