Thread: my SVX
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Damn, I almost feel bad now... I mean he posted up pics of his car for us to see and we are blatantly bashing the hell outta it... I know it's definitely not the "hospitable" thing to do, but it's just so hard to not do it...

Original Poster: If you want to have a good looking SVX and still want to modify it, try some purposeful modifications. Examples would be a 5 speed swap, or a suspension swap, or a new paint job (not some stupid tiger striped color either)... Thing is that Ricers try to attract attention to themselves and their car by being extravagant and over the top in a visual sense. Problem is that most of them don't have a single CLUE as to what ART and BEAUTY are. Have you ever looked at a stock SVX before? Admired the lines... The details and how the profile looks like it is purposeful... Take a Stock SVX, throw some good wheels on it and you have enough modifications for a great car that will attract alot of attention without making you look like you just graduated kindergarden yesterday or have the mental age of a 12 year old... SERIOUSLY, the best thing you could do is to return your car to stock... It already has a nice body and paint job on the outside so you don't need any work there. Just get yourself some nice wheels 18"s or something. Because everyone else is right and you can take it as constructive criticism or you can run away and forget we ever said anything about it. But your car, dressed up all extravagant like that, seriously looks like a 5 year old owns it... That is one of the worst taste in modification I have ever seen.

<--- Simon Cowell of the forums...

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...