Old 11-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Clarification of the Posting Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Do not patronise me Joe. The evidence is conclusive.

I will not, as you have instructed, accept nasty, sarcastic, uncalled-for remarks, cowering spineless and downtrodden. Whenever, I am denigrated on the basis of incorrect facts, I reserve the right to defend myself by correcting the facts involved, and will continue to do so.

Sincerely, Trevor.
I'm sorry you see it that way Trevor. My remarks were genuine, but if you want to take them as patronising I'm obviously wasting my sweetness on desert air.

Just to make it clear where the Moderators stand, and with no ambiguity, the following are the first four Posting Rules, which all members are advised to read and be familiar with:

* First and foremost, please treat all members with the same amount of respect you wish to receive. If you do not wish to receive respect, you probably don’t belong here.

* If a Moderator or Administrator tells you something, please obey it. Whether it is cleaning up your language, decreasing the size of a file, or any other reasonable request within the context of these guidelines, you must comply or face the possibility of expulsion.

* Coarse, vulgar, or malicious language is not allowed, and will be censored along with a warning. If it continues, a time out, or suspension will apply.

* Flames and baiting members are not acceptable. Posts like these will be deleted and offenders will be warned.

A number of posts in this thread and in other recent threads have broken these rules, all four of them. Nowhere in any of the Posting Rules does it say that these rules can be suspended or broken by members either in defense or to correct facts.

As the rules are being flaunted and ignored by members, we Moderators are making some minor changes that will clarify for everyone the need to maintain a better level of decorum and respect for other members. These strengthening and clarification changes are being finalised now and will be drafted and posted in the coming week.

One important aspect of the new changes I can reveal in advance; posting guidelines are monitored and administrated by Moderators. We are not mediators. Nor advocates. Nor counselors. Nor adjudicators. On the basis that "it takes two to tango", where a thread has gone out of line with the Posting Rules and is locked because two or more members have gone head-to-head and posted breaking these rules, be it either in defense or offense, both [or more!] parties will equally share the sanctions handed out for breaking the Posting Rules.

It should be obvious from this that any "right to defend" or "right to reply" is acceptable to the Moderators, only as long as the posts made under these "rights" are within the Posting Rules.

The most recent "right to defend myself" spate of angry posting led to the permanent banning of a member. We would much prefer to avoid such outcomes, but we will ensure that the few rules we have are respected and adhered to, whatever the cost.

To avoid dragging out this unseemly argument any further, this thread is now closed.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl