View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:56 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
I am not sure what this is all about.
Sorry Guys for the rather abrupt reply brought about due to frustration as a result of what is involved. My post referred directly to the suggestion that the circuitry could be altered to conform with the JDM wiring. I appear to have transposed Jim with John.

John is quite correct in his statement. (Any coincidental logic and similarity between what is seen in the wiring diagrams and what is actually found under the dash is purely unintentional)

I have only the US wiring diagram to work by and the photos show that this is not correct. Not only is the colour coding wrong but the fog light switch is not as per diagram. The combined switch assembly appears to have a common ground for the two pilot lamps, whereas the diagram requires these to be separate. No doubt the designer found this out after publication and altered the actual wiring accordingly, as this upset control of the pilot light as had been originally envisaged.

Furthermore the key to the issues as I discussed directly with john, is the difficulty in reaching connection points. Adding a relay although a complication, is probably the best solution. I can not take the matter any further as I have no evidence as to the exact circuitry.

At this point I expect another sarcastic interjection from know-all Keith, as per the ignition switch thread e.g. “Everyone on the network knows how to test for DC voltage except you” I leave that judgement to others.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!