View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
UnLucky Strike

I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying F1 is "fixed". No race series could afford losing their fan base because of someone exposing some plot to fix races, (Nascar included, all you open-wheel fans!) and believe me, someone would be TALKING in order to rake in the big bucks offered for the story. Officials may look the other way on occasion, but they can't afford an actual "plan" coming to light. Leave that to "Idol"....

Having said that, there is something odd here. Why would the FIA want to ban a TEAM for the entire YEAR? I'm only 56, but I can't recall anything remotely close to that kind of punishment for being ACCUSED of being 11 lbs underweight! (accused by not proven according to BBC) Why would the governing body risk totally alienating one of the world's largest automakers (and threaten the very existance of BAR, when sponsers pull out of their agreements with the team) just when most of them (other than Ferrari) are considering a NEW racing series? Someone at BAR must have TOTALLY gotten under the skin of someone in the FIA for that kind of over-reaction. This needs some watching....

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 05-06-2005 at 06:06 PM.