View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: but the seatbelt

Quote:
Originally posted by phlash
alright so i went and looked at the car and loved it. there was some paint wear and the rims are kinda messed up, but it seems to be in pretty good shape. the owner did not let me drive it because the tags expired and he didnt want me getting pulled over in it with expired tags. well any way i digress, the car was really nice the interrior was good with wear on the leather seats in the fromt but not in the back, and no cracking. but theonly error in the interrior is the seatbelt.
the driverside auto seatbelt does not work. now i do still want this car but how much would it take to get that fixed? or can it be fixed? i hope so because all my car so far have had the autoseatbelt and i just use that because it is easier. so that is my question...what does it take to fix the seatbelt? oh yeah it is stuck in the foreward position.

Screw the seatbelt. If you can't drive it, don't buy it. Period.

The seatbelt can be an easy or tough fix. Sometimes, the contacts just need to be cleaned, other times it's a motor replacement. Call a Subaru dealer and ask for the R/R cost on a motor replacement and take that much off the price of the car.

But, again, seriously, if you can't drive it, don't buy it.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI