View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 08:37 PM
iced_out_svx

Exclamation Sightings, 5 speeds, and Top Speeds

1) May 27th, 50 to 100 miles west of Houston, Texas east bound on I-10. A blue SVX year and model unknown.

2)May 31st, Auberry Rd. just below Prather, California going up the mountain. 1995 Green SVX model unknown.

3)June 5th, West bound Shaw Ave. @ Clovis Ave. in Clovis, California. Black/Maroon year and model unknown.

I went to see Dayle of Motorsport Warehouse in Tucson, AZ. He brought out his 5-speed SVX and let me go down the block in it. Although I didn't go fast, the car is phenominal. It has a knee shattering stiff clutch (sporty) and you can knock the car out of gear at all. It will only come out of gear if the clutch is pressed all the way to the floor. The car sounds great with his exhaust and the interior is beautifully redone. I just think he needs a turbo or two. Overall the most kick ass SVX I have driven of about a dozen.

Now I know the is Dayle's 5-spd and Huck's 5-spd and one somewhere in Washington (state). But I talked to the service writer at Herwaldt Subaru in Fresno, California and he claims to have seen one in Mariposa that belongs to a woman up there. Although I have no proof. But if you are ever in Fresno, California and you need to have you SVX serviced, I sugest waiting. The techs there are horrible. Everytime I go in to have something done, my car comes out with another problem.

Oh yeah, and I went to California, but decided to come back to Florida. So that was a waste of 6,000 miles. But I do have pictures of the speedometer at 140 mph as I went through West Texas. On the way back I hit 145 mph but I don't have a pic. But since I had intended on moving out to California my car was loaded with everythhing I own making about 1,500 lbs of extra weight. I know it can go faster. Because I put up a post of 155 mph before but nobody believed it. Which is understandable with no pics. But ask Dayle, he saw the 140 mph picture and he saw how much stuff was in my car.

ICE