View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:06 AM

Did you mention an aftermarket stereo had been installed? (Forgive these questions if they sound basic, I'm just trying to rule a few ideas out)

If you did the stereo install, are you sure that it got connected properly for the 12v lead to the ignition and the constant 12v lead to the battery? Did you tap directly into the factory harness, or did you buy the interconnect harness that is available from members on this site? If you didn't use the interconnect harness, you may want to consider undoing your wiring and using this harness. Finally, are there fuses INLINE in your stereo's wiring? (i.e. something like a 15amp fuse installed between the stereo's harness and the factory harness)

The reason I ask about that is because I installed an after market stereo in my brother's Firebird, and the car kept blowing the fusible link. What I was not made aware of was that the stereo harness I had was NOT the original intended for that stereo and did not have an inline fuse. I installed an inline 20amp fuse and the problem never happened again. It seemed beyond me that something as simple as that could cause such a huge problem (after all, the radio DOES have its own fuse in the fuse panel)!

Anyway, it might be something worth looking at. Good luck and let us know of any new developments!