View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 06:43 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren
Hi Trevor,

I would have to disagree with you on that one, I have been importing cars from Japan to the UK since 1999 as my business & pretty much know the market.

An average SVX is making upwards of 700,000 yen in the auctions and a good grade 4 car over 1 million. Plus the fact where else are you going to find a left hand drive VL in grade 4.5, for a unique car I dont see it being overpriced.

Darren
Darren your comments are interesting.

What is the duty rate applicable in respect of used cars entering the UK and what price would the car in question fetch today, on your market? Do you have any facility whereby used cars are imported from Japan in bulk as it were, on special car transporting vessels as we do?

I would think that there would be no rush of buyers at all, if the car was offered here at NZ$10,000. Say Stg.3,700. At a net cost price ex auction in Japan of Yen 700,000, say NZ$8,000 things do not add up.

It would appear that either N.Z. importers are very astute, or you are not buying on the right market.

Have a look here, as well as at other listings. --

<http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-95239880.htm>

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!