Thread: FogLights?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2002, 03:31 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
<<I was checkin out ebay and I saw some xenon foglights available for the svx.>>

Before you buy them, Ask Seraph what he thinks of Xenon bulbs. He had a set that we tried and the 100W Xenon put out probably 50% less light than my plain old 35W Halogen fog lamps.

These bulbs are a rip off. They take a plain halogen bulb and put a blue filter on it to make it look like a XENON HID bulb. Problem is that the halogen gas (even Xenon) when lit with a filiment only puts out light in the 2000 to 3000 degree kelvin range. The filter blocks eveything below 4100K so the amount of light that passes through the filter is just a fraction (probably 10%) of what the bulb generates.

You'd be better off duct taping a cheap flashlight to your hood. You'd be able to see much better.

Doug
I agree!!!

These are my experience with those lights. On H3, if i put white ones in, I get pulled over within a block. Cops thinks that I have brights on. You are better off gettting crystal Ion PIAA yellow ones. They are brighter and will not get you pulled over.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!