Thread: RE new subie B9
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:58 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
So they should follow Toyota's lead. Sell 40,000 or so horrible for the enviroment Prius' that have batteries that will need to be disposed off in 10 years time enviromentally equal to the amount of dumping 1000 gallons of oil into the ground water while the stupid Americans think you're a "green" friendly company all the while selling 9 SUVs that don't meet the archaic CAFE standards for what they are PASSENGER vehicles. Long before all this, Subaru was looked at as an enviromental leader (which is why they were bought and developed the highest owner loyalty). Remember they were and are the only auto company in the world to achieve a 0 emissions factory. Yes that is 0 emissions. Personally, I won't buy from a company that skirts around CAFE standards but then again, maybe I have standards unlike the rest of america. If that's the case I'm sure W. wants me to leave my nookie in so he doesn't have to resort to using the patriot act to shutting me up.
I actually agree with you about the Prius. It's overcomplicated and dumb. Why would you make such a thing when diesels already get that kind of mileage? I know that there's a sort of stigma against diesels in this country (and I experienced first-hand why), but come on.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE