View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 05:35 PM

Registered SVX
RENEWED my FAITH

Well my faith in the forum has been renewed. Thanks to a man call AFbeefcake. I purchased a 1994 SVX from him. when I went to see it and test drive it he informed me that before I took delivery he was going to remove his huge stereo that I asked him to do , and replace it with a new radio , he also said the timing belt need replacement along with gears and rollers, he would do it before delivery and it need new front wheel bearings and he would get that fixed and have it aligned . He dropped it off, I got it registered. I drove it today on it's maiden voyage. I drove it approx 50 miles of mostly Stop and go in town driving. Started it 12 times during the day . On my way home I rounded a corner put in the clutch and the car died. Lucky I was only one block from home.I crawled under the dash looking for what I may have hit with my foot and saw nothing. I had visions of never hearing it run again I panicked, called AFbeefcake on the phone to ask him if he had any idea what it could be, I saw some unplugged wires etc. and I asked about them. Before I could say another word he says I am coming over. Not a small task as he lives 60 miles away. He arrived an hour and a 1/2 later crawled under the dash and discovered the stage 1.5 chip had fallen out of the ECU ( note here: If you did this upgrade HOT glue the board in place they can fall out) I was back on the road. This is the way we keep the cars on ther road and running . THANKS ARRON!

Last edited by Conn SVX; 06-22-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: year