Thread: Smokers
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2002, 09:14 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
the drug nicotine that is in ciggs is the addicting part and also the part that "calms". it is a stimulant....i don't understand where the "calming effect" comes from. people that fidget and (sometimes) are in Freud's oral stage, know that something in their mouth will "calm" them down. it is more of a habit. i have to pay 5 bucks for my habit, by the end of the year, i could probably have enough money for a new tranny. i am quiting soon, but every smoker will tell you that

on the pot smoking deal, i have my opinions, but i will keep them to myself.

Kelli

gum is cheaper....i should remember that

Kelli, If you're REALLY serious about quitting, PM me, I have some ideas. I smoked all of my 60 year plus adult life, quit a few times for a few months, but always went back to my "evil" ways. During my later years, I was up to 2 plus packs a day. I stopped smoking last March, simply because I refused to spend the $5.00 a day you're stuck with. There is no ONE sure way to do it. I can only offer a few suggestions that worked for me. And to quote the old phrase - "Your mileage may vary".

Ron.

PS - I enjoyed a good cigar last week at a Christmas party. Inhaled the b'jeezes out of it. But - no desire to resume my old ways.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.