Thread: Manifold Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Remember, Pre-heat your aluminum.

Well after tooling around with it for a couple weeks... The boost leak has been sealed after I fixed the manifold. Still had symptoms of a vacuum leak After several hours of trying to find it... Spotted.

I was using a can of carb/choke cleaner to try and isolate any problem areas. Breezed it by the by-pass valve and got a reaction. Figuring it was simply the by-pass valve seal I began once again... disassembling the intake. As I was removing the bypass I noticed a slight spot of light comming through where it should not have been. Waved my hand over the seam to seem my shadow moving... GREAT!!! Yet another crack. The seam that is right next to the by-pass valve was cracked. Considering the welds were all external they had to be ground down for a mating surface of the by-pass valve. LAN must have gone a little too deep and left literally less than a credit-card's thickness of material... no shock that it cracked after some heat cycles. I have some 1/4" 6071 plate all cut to size and I have cut the whole side plate off the TB adapter. Bringing it back to my house tonight in hopes of having it welded on tomorrow... Fingers crossed this is the last issue I have to fix on this kit

Tom