View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 06:07 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Solenoid A

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
Having read about Harvey's new gadget I started looking at how the solenoid A duty cycle gets generated by the TCU. The QC shift kit, as I understand it, generates a duty cycle that is proportional to the throttle opening.
Unfortunately the "QC" does not alter the duty cycle. Throttle position is simply used as an on/off function. The circuitry simply drastically reduces or defeats the total duty cycle signal. There is no variable function involved.

There is also a gross misunderstanding recorded within the description of the gadget, regarding the effect of throttle position. This is in no way association with the signal delivered via the resistor. The TPS signal is normally processed and the duty cycle to solenoid A modified in accordance with total requirements, including gear shifting. (P.S. and throttle position.
Quote -- "But it looks like the TCU also bases the sol A duty cycle on the throttle opening.")

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 06-21-2008 at 12:04 AM.