View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 04:50 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger
Just doing my usual 3hr drive to melbourne like i do every fortnight... done me checks before leaving home... 2hrs into the trip, when im accelerating, the revs jsut go off the top, and i had a bit of smoke in the engine bay...

not too happy about this, had roadside assist come, this 'drugged' up fag jsut said tow it, so its been towed to a mechanic...

sigh, my bulletproof car isn't so bulletproof... jsut hoping its a cheap fix, i never have much spare cash

im a little worried about the oil under the car.. its covered the underside the engine a fair bit... and im guessing the smoke. might have been coming off the exhaust maybe?
I'm not the most mechanically minded here

anyways, any ideas what the probs could be..?

will post a followup in a couple days

rob.
N.B. How did they tow it and how far? They could have caused transmission damage, refer your book of songs. If tow operators do this sort of damage in N.Z. they can be claimed on. Be careful, do not sign anything which could let them off a hook and make sure all is OK in the transmission department ASAP.

P.S. Presuming you have an Aust, or JDM car with a centre LSD, there is a problem with towing. Subaru say that it is acceptable to tow the car on all four wheels, in neutral with the ignition switched to accessories, but at no more than 30 Km/Hr and for no more than 10 Km.

The important point is that the car must not be towed with one set of wheels raised from the ground, as this will/can damage the centre LSD mult-plate clutch. Over here tow truck drivers are instructed when towing a Subaru, to insert the transmission fuse which frees the front rear drive connection. In the special case our model SVX, this has caused nasty problems.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 01-05-2007 at 05:51 PM.