View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:40 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Trevor, I used to have a pen pal in your city about 20 years ago. His name was Neil McGlaughlin.. Could you search the 'hood' and see if you could find anything?? I still have an envelope that I was getting ready to send to him when he fell from the earth.

I met him through the readers letters section of 'Street Scene' magazine, ( put out by National Street Rod Association, ( NSRA)
Jerry,

I searched the Auckland phone directory but there is no McGlaughlin listed. Are sure the name is not McLachlan, There is a Neil McLachlan, listing a postal box as an address i.e. 106210, Phone 372 2254. I have just tried the number but it is engaged. Will keep trying and will edit this message with the result. He may be running a computer on dial up.

Pleased you are on the mend. Trevor.

Edit P.S. I got through to the number, but Neil Mc was not in. I had a chat with the guy who answered and he said that this Neil lived in the States some 20 yrs ago, so possibly I have struck oil. I left my phone number and hope that he will make contact.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 01-10-2007 at 01:02 AM.