View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 10:03 PM

Question Ebony 94 w/ 5 speed BUT... Strange issues??

Hey Folks, Sorry I havent kept up.. I just moved from Ottawa to Jax, FL and just got my computer the other day. John (AvPPoW) did a 5 speed conversion on mine since it had a dead OEM tranny and it is nice. I have never driven an auto SVX so I dont know. I wiill say the it is quick.

John did a great job with it so any one in the NJ area that would like it done I recommend his work.

The only "issues" I have with it has nothing to do with what he did..

Here is a strange one.. Per the pubs the SVX should hold about 18.5 gallons per tank. The day after I got it from John in NJ it was pretty dry so I filled it up. It only took 11 gallons and the gauge was on E. ( the FEED ME light never came on). At first I thought that the tanks were switched with another subi tank from something smaller. I looked under and I dont see extra space if a smaller tank was there??

When I left the gas station I noticed that the gauge only went up to the 3/4 line though I knew it was full. ????? Any comments on that??

That day I drove it to South Carolina and filled it twice and putting in no more that 11-13 gallons 325-350 per tank (about 25-29 MPG)

1. Any clue where the extra 3-5 gallons went?? and why I cant fill it to the 16-17 gallon range?

2. Why wont the gauge show that it is full?

I do have a few bugs I have to iron out after I get all moved in (my wife wont let me tinker with it until the house is all finished.... HAHA

thanks for any help... Chris