View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 10:20 AM

For the enjoyment of all, I present a few more Tom Delay quotes:

"Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?"
On the refugees of Hurricane Katrina ~ As reported in the Washington Post [2005 September 10]

"You know, the Democrats want to balance the budget by raising spending and raising taxes. The Soviet Union had a balanced budget."
Meet the Press, [2003 December 12]

"Newt Gingrich is an incredible leader. He is a leader of our time, and he's going to lead us into the future. And we're going to accomplish the things that we've all dreamed of."
As reported from "Late Edition" on CNN [1997 April 6]

The EPA, the Gestapo of government, pure and simply has been one of the major claw-hooks that the government maintains on the backs of our constituents.
As reported in the AP [1995 July 29]

"I am not a federal employee. I am a constitutional officer. My job is the Constitution of the United States, I am not a government employee. I am in the Constitution."
From Talk Back Live on CNN [1995 December 19]

"Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25 an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately, such families do not exist."
From the Congressional Record, H3706 [1996 April 23]

"Nothing is more important in the face of a war than cutting taxes."
From a speech made to bankers [2003 March 12]

"Kofi Annan's kangaroo court...a clear and present danger to the war on terrorism and Americans fighting it all over the world."
On the International Criminal Court ~ AP [2004 July 16]

"I have seen these liberal psychologists and sociologists talk about there is no need for the man in the family. The woman can't take care of it. A woman can't take care of the family. It takes a man to provide structure. To provide stability."
On the role of women in the home. ~ From a radio interview. His wife, Christine DeLay quickly asked to "edit this out," then turned to Tom and said: "This is not a good thing for you to be saying."

"We have a small faction, and they are a minority, who believe they are there to govern. Then there is the majority of us who believe that indeed we are there to govern but more importantly we are there to be an opposition to the Democratic philosophy and the only way to do that is through confrontation."
On bipartisanship ~ From the Houston Chronicle [1991 April 14]

"It's never been proven that air toxics [sic] are hazardous to people."
From the Houston Chronicle [1990 October 27]

"The judges need to be intimidated. They need to uphold the Constitution." (If they don't behave) we're going to go after them in a big way.
On checks and balances ~ From the Washington Post [1997 September 14]

And one of my personal favorites:

"So many minority youths had volunteered...that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like myself."
On why he and Dan Quayle did not fight in the Vietnam war ~ At the 1988 GOP convention

dcb