View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 12:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to AnthraXFan Send a message via Yahoo to AnthraXFan
Portable MP3 or new Headunit Stereo advise

Hey guys...it's been a while. Have a couple questions. I have a 1996 SVX L series. It has just the stock cassette player installed, with a blank faceplate just below(i've seen there is an empty wiring harness when i took that plate off). I'm looking into getting something that will play MP3's. I currently have a portable MP3 player, going through a cassette adapter, and well, the cord is loose and the sound is just bad, mp3 player keeps freezing up. Would it be adviseable to buy another portable mp3 player, and see if there is a way to hook the aux out on the player into some sort of adapter on the bottom wiring harness, or should i get a CD/MP3 headunit player and put that in for the bottom deck. Is this even a possible setup to use, to leave the stock cassette on the top, with an aftermarket CD/MP3 headunit in the bottom deck? Looking to spend around $150 or less. I'm quite a novice, and am leary about doing much of any electrical wiring on my own, besides just plugging things in Thanks for any input.

Go to my Site!

http://www.railroadfan.com