View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 AM

Re: Gov't program to threaten SVX's

You missed the part about...

WHERE DOES THAT $4500 COME FROM...

It comes from you and I who pay taxes... more aptly, it comes from our grandchildren's taxes.

Even if you sell an SVX for half that, and buy a 2-year old used car, instead of new... you end up spending less money, and someone gets an SVX at a reasonable price. $2,250 is not out of line for most SVXs...

How many SVXs will be left, if people start turning them in for their Car-Welfare check, and the cars get shredded, not salvaged, not re-sold.

The government is saying that they need to shred these because they are clunkers and polluters.

All the SVXs extant don't emit pollution to equal to that of the energy required to make 1 new car, from making the raw plastics, rubber, and glass, to making the finished parts, to assembling and ultimately delivering a new car.

Yet this bill is made to stimulate demand for new cars (used cars aren't eligible purchases) while the government owns new car companies. And it takes good cars off the road, simply by tax payers buying your car from you, and treating it as trash.

Wasteful, and STUPID.

The cars coming out now are CRAP. There isn't one of them, short of a Porsche or an Audi R8 that I would sell my current cars for. The state of the new car industry is in shambles, and they are turning out boring tripe. EVEN SUBARU. The new Legacy is horrible compared to mine, and they haven't the passion to learn from the SVX and build a better, new one.

When all the spare SVXs are gone, the salvage parts are depleted and crushed, and the few still operating cannot be repaired because the spare parts can't be had for love nor money... What else will there be? A handful of G35 and G37 coupes? An Audi A5, maybe? What will be worth getting excited about owning and using?

The government is drowning the auto industry by regulations, by ownership, and by subsidies like this to artificially prop-up demand for new government-controlled crap.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 07-20-2009 at 11:47 AM.