View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 01:01 PM

mechanics problem

i know this should be in the tech forum, but guys i need your help here. i called my mechanic the other day and told them that i probably need new wheel bearings. they told me that they would squeeze me in today (wed) to get them fixed. i called around 3 and they told me, yeah, they are bad....we can make an appointment next fri to get them fixed..okay...that is total BS, i told those ppl that this was the problem, they didn't order the parts...i told them that i need the car in good condition because i have an hour trip on a major highway for school daily...they said they would fix it today. this should have been fixed today, not over a week from now.

problem #2, my car has two fluid leaks, one on the powersteering and one in oil. one of these leaks is covered by my warr, the other isn't, so they said that my insurance company may want to send their own parts, i guess to save money, and so i can't get that problem fixed on the friday, but i can get the one leak fixed.

so the problems sumed up, i got a bad rear wheel bearing that they can't get fixed till next friday, i have two leaks, one that can be fixed with the bearing and the other i have to wait on. these idiots don't even have an estimate yet of how much any of this is going to cost.....i have to drop my car off 3 times to fix the problems, i am going to get charged for something that i already knew was wrong (they diagnosed my car) they don't have an estimate of how much the diagnostic is. i am really ticked off at this point, i called my old mechanic, hopefully he respects me more and gives me the info without the BS. not to mention, they already told me that they could get the parts and the work down before next fri

John, any words of advice? do you recomend anyone? help!!!!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.