Thread: Best rotors?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

I wouldn't say its unanimous by any meansBest rotor for actual stopping in normal driving is either oem or a knock off brand. You can get a set of 4 for about 120 or so. Sure they have a higher tendency of warping then slotted or drilled but personally, I'd rather stop before rear ending the idiot in front of me rather than in their trunk . Personally, I've never had an issue with warping and have put mine through hell including autoxing then spraying down the wheels (and inevitabily the rotors) but I always make sure my pads are respectable up front and of a lower metal content.

Besides, you're unlikely to get a dimpled or slotted to last any longer than oem as they have a much higher chance of cracking then the oems do. Ever wonder why race cars tend to shy away from dimpled and slotted? Drilled and slotted don't do much for ya except at very high braking speeds and high heat temps... but then again they look like you're a fast driver so I guess that's all that matters to most.