Thread: The SVX and you
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:02 PM

Re: The SVX and you

Man, I wouldn't figure to hear porsche-hatin' here.

If any group of folk would have some common ground I would think it would be Subaru and Porsche fans...

Especially SVX and C4S fans. (I happen to love both the SVX and the 996 C4S turbo-look widebody, and as 2WD sports cars go, Cayman S seems fantastic.)

Different cars... but mostly that the bodies are 180 degrees rotated on a similar drivetrain.

As I see it, there are three other cars that come anywhere near an SVX...

G37S/x (too bad they aren't one in the same... no 6MT with AWD...)
Audi A5 (a bit bland looking, still pretty heavy)
Porsche Carrera 4S, 996 and 997 generations, not that there is anything wrong with air-cooled... but the watercoolers are a bit more modern, not only in the engine bay.

Frankly, with the fact that G37 doesn't offer both 6MT/Brembos with AWD (unsure about 4WS and AWD together...) pushes the preference to the Porsche as an AWD Grand Touring coupe. The A5 wants to compete there, but the Porsche and Infiniti are both better looking, and possibly lighter weight, especially the Porsche.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.