Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: The SVX and you

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit-tic View Post
Hey Joe,

This is an intersting comment and I would like to add my view: With very few exceptions, most cars have a live cycle from new, where they are cosseted to old, where they are just a "cheap" means of transport. During the latter stage, many of them end in a scrap yard, because keeping them on the road is just too costly. This is espeacially true for cars, that were sophisticated and expensive when they were new. What we then have often seen is kind of a resurrection and this not only in the luxury or exotic car segment. Even mass produced cars like the VW Beetle are today sought after and worth a lot of money if in fine fettle. Try to find an early Spitfire outside the UK and you would wonder how much you would have to pay for. What I wanted to say is that the SVX is in the bottom of the valley. Just for how long it will stay there, I do not know. However, one thing is for sure: this car has all the ingredients to become a true classic one day. My guess is, that prices of these cars will slowly but surely rise again over the next couple of years as many more (sadly) disappear for the reasons outlined above. However, this is not relevant for the true enthusiast: I like this car because of its cool look, the outstanding Japanese technology and the Jaguar-like ride quality.
What else: well as you all know, Giorgetto Giugiraro, founder of Ital design, designed the SVX as his last act and what of famous range of predecessors:
Gordon Keeble (1961), Lotus Esprit (1976), De Lorean DMC 12 (1981) and many more of Italian exotics. What else do I need to say... well, may be this: there is only one other 4WD coupe with a flat six engine around in the world. It has the engine in the wrong place, costs 4 to 6 times the price of the SVX zqht for

Cheers,

Brit-tic
Well put, and it's interesting that you compare with the Triumph Spitfire. The founder of this Network, who does not post very much these days, he was once a Spitfire owner.

Giugiaro designed some turkeys too, style wise anyway. Witness the original Fiat Panda. Tin box ville.

I absolutely love Gordon Keebles.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl