View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
What's up Doc?

SVXtra,
I understand the results of your research may have led you to the "dark side" but one must consider all the unmeasureable factors of SVX ownership as well. The pleasure I get every time I gaze upon the beauty of my increasingly rare, thanks to the aforementioned lack of care by the unprepared/unwise owners, beauty overrides the "fastar" factor that seems to rule the decisions of many. You must have missed the underlying love most of us have for our cars. Every mile I spend touring, smooth and quiet, reminds me why I'm here on this board. Reading/asking to learn the tricks of maintaining my sultry beauty without breaking the bank, and understanding that it might end any moment, ruined by some inattentive moron, or other act of fate. Cars cost $$ to keep on the road, and my SVX, driven daily, and traveled in by choice, may be one of the few opportunities this "near retirement previous boy-racer" may have to drive such a thing of beauty without talking to a mortgage broker. I hope you find other mature, helpful owners on the EVO-net, but can't help but wonder how much "spam" you'll have to wade through to find them. Make mine SVX!

Glenn

Sorry to beer-ramble, here in my hotel room missing home, but not my SVX down in the lot . I'm certain other more articulate folks might make a more convincing case, as well as make you wonder about the regret factor down the road.

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket