View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 01:08 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Re: Help me build the ultimate SVX.

Quote:
Originally posted by nextse7en
The SVX I bought last Saturday fulfilled one goal that I had been dying to reach for 14 years.

I promised myself that I would not buy an SVX until I had enough money to mod and customized to exactly my specifications.

My thinking here was that I could buy a new car for 20k and still wish I had an svx - or I could save 20k buy an SVX - and spend the rest on modification.

My SVX account has been filling for 3 years - a recent upswing in business has finally allowed me to hit that goal

Money left for modifications after the purchase of this car? $15300.00

So help me out here. What would you do? I've already decided to run boost (ECU's Stage 3) As soon as its available.

My goal here is to maintain the feel of the car overall (No diets that include stripping of any features)

My main goal is horsepower - then handling - the rest is details.

What tranny and gear ratios do you feel are optimal (Manual please) - suspension components? I'd like to get the unsprung weight of the car a little lighter - Lightweight rims? What kind? Who makes the best after market rotors? What else would you do to the engine after the S/C is installed? How many horses do you feel can be squeezed out without seriously degrading engine reliability.

Does someone make a carbon fiber or fiberglass hood for these things that could allow a S/C with minimal modification?

I know I'm asking a lot - I'm really going to need a lot of help from the gurus on this site to make this car a true beast. I'm competent around cars - but this is an entirely new kind of project for me.

Thanks a lot for your help - I'll be posting pictures of my progress and I hope to finish the car inside of six months ( yeah right )

Patrick & SeViX.
That is such an awesome thing to be able to say. I wish i had money like that to MOD up my SVX. Congrats to you and i wish you luck in modding it up

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network