Thread: 3rd gear only
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 08:44 PM
SVX Appeal

Yes, don't test the TCU. You only want to test the connector and wires.

You should be able to read them with a test light, but that'll only tell you:

A) They're good, or they're shorted.
or
B) They're bad, or they're disconnected.

Also, I think you can run 12 volts to the solenoids to test them. You might be able to hear them clicking inside the tranny.

Make sure you have the right pins on the connector. It's damn confusing reading those diagrams, and then comparing them to what's on the car.

As far as getting infinite resistance for either pin 13 or 14 to ground, yet getting a good solid 25 between the two - that should not happen. I might ask, what did you get 25 of? Ohms, Kilo-Ohms? (I'll try to measure mine so you have a baseline resistance to work from.)

You might look under the throttle body for the tranny connectors. There are two of them. One is for the shift lever switch. The other is for the tranny. Check both of them. (I'd separate them and make sure the pins are all intact and clean.) When they remove the tranny, those are the only electrical connectors they touch. If it's a connector, that'll probably be it.

Regarding the Legacy diagram you posted, it appears that the number scheme they use is completely different. This doesn't mean the pinout is different, just the labeling. The picture you gave doesn't show the connector pinout, and I can't quite read the number on the TCU. Looks like "o6," but there are no other "o" anythings. I just can't tell.