View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 06:14 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
I'll take whatever help I can get. All I'm asking at present is whether the values shown in the screen shot are reasonable for an EG33 running at 2000rpm.

I reckon the RPM, TEMP, MAF, LOAD and TPS are right and the knock correction might be wrong. The others I don't really don't know if the values are within the ballpark or not.
Phil, you are doing some great work.

I therefore hope that my opinion, in answer to your query, may make you happy, i.e. that your ignition advance figure appears OK, at something around 42 degrees.

At light loads, as in normal everyday cruise conditions, an ignition advance of 36 - 40 degrees is now common. Engines with very good combustion chamber design will be able to run up to 45 degrees in these conditions. Fuel economy is obviously very much dependant on light load ignition timing.

At high loads and engine speed there can be large variations, engine to engine. I have seen specs from 10 to 30 degrees. Obviously there are many variables involved including fuel octane rating.

You will appreciate all of the above comments are confined to normally aspirated engines.

Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!