View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
I don't think your fingers are fat

I have just a plain old HTC Hermes (Cingular 8525). It runs Windows Mobile 6, works flawlessly, has great battery life and most importantly, runs activex, .NET, citrix, SSH, and all the other apps I need to work from anywhere. It has a hot swap 2GB MicroSD card and I keep about 10 extra in my wallet in the space of a credit card. Movies, CD quality MP3s (not that over compressed, painful to listen to Itunes format), books on tape, TV shows, etc. It also runs Outlook and connects direct to my Exchange server without having to open up any extra holes in the firewall.

It also has BUTTONS and a SCROLL WHEEL. I can actually use the device with one hand. I've seen people try to use an Iphone's touchscreen interface with one hand. Its quite entertaining.

Take into consideration Bluetooth Stereo, Voice dial bundled into the OS, GPRS data, support for 320K audio, support for VPN, data encryption and a few other things that the Iphone doesn't have that my HTC does and the $350 HTC seems like a much better deal to me than the $600 Iphone.

Doug
Wow... Doug is back!!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.