View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Szalkerous
Stupid cavaliers!

Well, okay, okay it's not the car's fault I guess...

Apparently my clutch slave cylinder has bit the dust quite suddenly and randomly. The clutch will press to the floor without any effort and stay there. Weird thing is, altho the bottom of the transmission is wet, the clutch fill cup stays full. Doesn't decrease. The gear oil in the gearbox is perfect.

I just don't understand how that could be; and finding information on the 5-speed Isuzu transmission on the Z24 cavaliers is near impossible. j-body.com members were quite literally useless. Why can't more online boards be like the SVX Net? Ask a question here and you get a book of weathly information.

Quite frankly I'm so frustrated by it that I've decided to just replace the whole effin tranny, the one in that car wasn't very happy anyways... gears had worn to the point of whining. Of course, trying to find a remanufacturer online is crap, too.

I suppose if nothing else, this has helped me find the motivation to get my SVX back to being on the street. Even so, I still paid a deal of money for the car, it being a 99 Z24, and I refuse to deal with the local chevy dealership and their "bring it in to be billed for an estimation of what's obvious to begin with, but we won't tell you until you pay" mentality.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Now it's just down to the "wait for Dayle to ship me a wheel" clock watching. SVX is better than a Cavy any day anyways. Blah.

-Sz