View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 03:00 AM
The Molinator

CHANGE this

I use Redline synthetic lubricants. All synthetics, I've been told, are more detergent and therefore may clean debri from gaskets and cause leaks. I don't know why "he" said not to change ATF (assuming he was going to add more Dexron)?

1) I use Redline 10/30 synthetic for oil changes (don't always remember to change at just the right mileage - synthetic [esp. Redline] more security)
2) I use Redline 75/90 synthetic both differentials - only takes one to 1 1/2 quarts each diff
3) I use Redline D4 ATF synthetic in the auto trans - you can remove all trans fluid and replace with new while SVX is running to replace "all" trans fluid with a special machine many shops have. [The dealer charged $180. The local Shell Lube charged $89 for the same thing. Both replaced with (included) Dexron (stock fluid)]

Depending on your mileage and your previous owners service history, I would replace all (AT, diffs) with either oil or synthetic.
Not that much money for some piece of mind!

Nothing like a bunch of different opinions!!! All the above is good advice. Pick one and do it!

HAVE FUN!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!